Bella’s Love for Chocolate Almost Took Her Life

Bella’s Love for Chocolate Almost Took Her Life

Bella arrived at Pet Emergency Center immediately after ingesting a toxic amount of dark chocolate.

Dogs that ingest toxic amounts of chocolate can have symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, seizures, and even death in severe cases.

Emergency intervention was required for Bella because she ingested a lethal dose of theobromine, which is the toxic chemical in chocolate.  With the donations the Chester Foundation has received, we were able to make it possible for Bella to receive the life saving care needed!

“My pug Bella, ate a whole bag if dark chocolate one evening.  I didn’t know what I was going to do; she is my “child.”  I called the emergency clinic in Roseville and rushed there not knowing how I was going to pay, since I am on state disability.  The wonderful staff informed me of The Chester Foundation.

I am so unbelievably grateful!  My prayers were answered!  I’ll be able to take care of my responsibilities without added stress.”

– Ericka