Meet Allie

Allie is a young female pit bull, who arrived to emergency hospital in dire straits having chewed up and ate a whole bag of snail bait.  She was showing classic signs for Metaldhyde toxicity (snail bait poisoning) – which included severe generalized tremor and very high body temperature.  At the time, the owners were only able to come up with about 1/2 the cost for her treatment and Chester Foundation was able to assist by providing loan for the remaining costs. Her condition was life-threatening but very treatable.  She required aggressive therapy, consisting of flushing her stomach, administering activate charcoal to bind the toxin, fluids and anti-spamatic (muscle relaxants).  Allie required hospitalization but improved over 24 hours and was released to her owner where she fully recovered.